The Canada Apprentice Loan is available to help registered Red Seal apprentices cover the cost of their training.
What you need to know
- The Government of Canada offers apprentices registered in a Red Seal Trade apprenticeship program up to $4,000 per period of technical training.
- You can get Canada Apprentice Loans for up to 5 periods of technical training.
- Your loan will be interest-free for up to 6 years as long as you are confirmed as being registered in a Red Seal Trade apprenticeship program.
- You do not have to make any loan payments as long as your loan is in interest-free status.
To be eligible, you must meet all of these criteria:
You are not eligible if you:
- are a high school student;
- are an apprentice registered in the province of Quebec;
- are receiving a Canada Student Loan for the same technical training;
- have been told that you are restricted from receiving a Canada Apprentice Loan or a Canada Student Loan;
- have already received funding for 5 periods of technical training; or
- have already received 6 years of interest-free status.
Find out more